Flying Infantry Support Power Armor
Model Type: PA-06A
Class: Strategic Armor Military Assault Suit
Running: 60 mph (96 km) maximum. Note that the act of running does tire out its operator, but at 10% of the usual fatigue rate thanks to the robot exo-skeleton.
Leaping: The powerful robot legs can leap up to 15 feet (4.6 m) high or across unassisted by the thrusters. A jet thruster assisted leap can propel the unit up to 100 feet (30.5 m) high and 200 feet (61 m) across without actually attaining flight.
Flying: The rocket propulsion system enables the SAMAS to hover stationary up to 200 feet (61 m) or fly. Maximum flying speed is 300 mph (480 km), but cruising speed is considered to be 150 mph (240 km). Maximum altitude is limited to about 500 feet (152 m).
Flying Range: The nuclear power system gives the SAMAS decades of life, but the jet rockets get hot and need to cool after a maximum of ten hours of flight when travelling at speeds above cruising, and twenty hours of cruising speed, can fly indefinitely with rest stops.
Height: 8 feet (2.4 m)
Width: Wings down: 3.5 feet (1.06 m)
Wings extended: 10 feet (3m)
Length: 4 feet, 6 inches (1.4 m)
Weight: 340 lbs (153 kg) without rail gun.
Physical Strength: Equal to a BODY 15
Power System: Nuclear; average SAMAS energy life is 20 years.
Cost: 160,000 credits for a new, undamaged, fully powered suit complete with rail gun and one full ammo-drum.
C-40R SAMAS Rail Gun (1): This weapon fores 8mm Electromagnetically accelerated slugs, not really a railgun but a very similar design. The 8mm sabots are fired from conventional style shells similar to shotgun shells and then the magnetic field accelerates the round to approximately Mach 15 giving it excellent armor penetration capability.
Weapon Accuracy: 2 (includes laser targeting)
Weight: Gun: 92 lbs (41.4 kg), One SAMAS Ammo-Drum: 190 lbs (85.5 kg). The gun is SP 20 SDP 20
Damage: 40 or 1d4x10 AP
Rate of Fire: 10
Range: 4000 feet (1200 m)
Payload: 200 round drum, that’s 20 bursts. A second drum can be hooked to the undercarriage of the rocket jets, but must be manually removed by another SAMAS or character with a BODY of 13 or higher can replace the used drum.
CM-2 Rocket Launcher: The forearm not used to operate the rail gun, usually left, is armed with a mini- missile launcher holding 2 advanced 30mm mini-missiles.
1. The SAMAS has full optical systems, including laser targeting, telescopic, passive nightvision (light amplification), thermo-imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization.
2. Radar: Can identify and track up to 24 targets simultaneously at a range of 10 miles (16 km).
3. Combat Computer: Calculates, stores, and transmits data onto the head-up display (H.U.D.) of the pilot’s helmet. It is tied to the targeting computer.
4. Targeting Computer: Assists in tracking and identification of enemy targets. Ten mile range (16 km).
5. Laser Targeting System: Assists in the selection and focusing of specific targets.
6. Radio communication: Long range, directional communication system with an effective range of about 500 miles (800 km), as well as a directional, short range radio. Range is 5 miles (8 km). Plus a built-in loudspeaker; 80 decibels.
7. Complete environmental battle armor: Suitable for use in all hostile environments, including under water (150 foot max. depth) and space. The following features are included.
- Computer controlled life support system.
- Internal cooling and temperature control.
- Artificial air circulation systems, gas filtration, humidifier.
- Computer controlled, independent oxygen supply and purge system that automatically engages in low oxygen or contaminated air environments. Eight hour oxygen supply.
- Insulated, high temperature resistant shielding for up to 400 degrees centigrade. Normal fires do no damage. Nuclear, plasma, and magic fires do full damage.
- Radiation shielded.